BODY RESPONSIBLE FOR PROCESSING YOUR DATA
- Company name: Asociación Instituto Biodonostia
- Address: Pº Dr. Beguiristain s/n, 20014 Donostia (Gipuzkoa).
- Telephone number: +34 943 00 62 54
- Tax Code no.: G-75020313.
- Email: email@example.com
- Registry details: Recorded in the General Register of Associations with number AS/G/15251/2010
- Data Protection Delegate (DPD): To contact the Biodonostia Data Protection Delegate, you can write to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
PERSONAL DATA PROCESSED
Each section of the website in which data are collected includes a form with the necessary data for their processing. The website also collects and stores the following information about visitors to our website:
- The domain name of the service provider (ISP) and/or the IP address which enables access to the internet.
- The date and time of accessing our Website.
- The Internet address containing the link leading to our Website.
- The number of daily visitors to each section.
The information obtained is completely anonymous; under no circumstances can it be associated to a specific and identified user.
PURPOSES OF THE PROCESSING
Your personal data will be used for the generic purposes of managing and administering the website, and specifically to:
- Manage complete access and correct use of the website by its users.
- Communicate with users in response to requests made by via the contact, suggestion box, emails, etc.
- Newsletter: We can use your data to send you the Biodonostia newsletter. Sending this newsletter will have been previously authorised expressly and separately by the user, who can withdraw their consent at any time.
- Manage and administer the Biodonostia donor register.
- Manage and administer bookings of rooms and installations made available via its website by Biodonostia.
We will not process your personal data for any other reason than previously described unless imposed by the law or in the event of being legally summoned to do so.
Under no circumstances does Biodonostia proceed with processing which could represent automated decisions with respect to user data; nor does it create profiles for the latter.
Preservation period: The personal data provided will be preserved from the moment the user gives their consent and until such time as it is revoked, notwithstanding the possibility of exercising their right of deletion, in which case Biodonostia will block their data during the time that its legal obligations remain in place.
In the case of donations and the donor register, and of booking rooms and spaces, the data will be kept while Biodonostia’s legal obligations remain in place.
AUTHORISATION FOR PROCESSING
The legal basis for processing the data is the authorisation obtained based on consent of the interested party, given for the purposes described above, which will be requested at the following times:
- Before proceeding to process their data
- When registering as a Biodonostia user/donor
- When sending us suggestions, making bookings or contacting the institution
- Before subscribing to our newsletter.
Information requests sent to us require the interested party to voluntarily provide the data necessary to deal with them or to provide the services requested. The mandatory nature or need to provide these data will be indicated with an asterisk (*) on the corresponding forms or sections. However, the interested party is free to refuse to provide said data or, at a later date, to revoke the consent previously given to process their data, although said denial may mean that we will be unable to answer their request or to provide the service in question.
Biodonostia understands that, on providing said data, the interested party guarantees that they accept liability for their data being true, accurate and up-to-date and that they accept and expressly give their consent for such data to be processed for the purposes described above.
RECIPIENTS OF DATA DISCLOSED OR TRANSFERRED
Generally speaking, Biodonostia will not disclose your personal data to third parties unless we are legally obliged or you have given us your express consent to do so.
Biodonostia has different social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn) used to circulate contents related to Biodonostia and the sector and to provide its users with a means of contacting us. Biodonostia is responsible for processing the data of its followers and contacts on social media.
However, in as much as the processing of their personal data will take place in the framework of the social media, whose providers impose their own rules of procedure, the obligations of Biodonostia will be limited to those aspects in which it is free to act. Under no circumstances will Biodonostia extract data from the social media, create profiles of its users or collect additional personal data related to their tastes, hobbies or manner of using the social media, without the express consent of those affected.
RIGHTS OF THE INTERESTED PERSONS
Any person has the right to obtain confirmation of whether or not Biodonostia processes the personal data concerning them. Particularly, you can exercise the following rights with respect to Biodonostia:
- Right of access: permits the interested party to know and obtain information about any of their personal data subject to processing.
Right of rectification: permits the correction of errors, the modification of data which are inexact or incomplete and guarantees the accuracy of the information processed.
- Right of deletion: permits users to request the deletion of data processed when said data are no longer required to perform or provide the service.
- Right of opposition: right of the interested party to prevent the processing of their personal data or to stop said processing, except when processed for legitimate reasons or to make or defend potential complaints, in which case they will be blocked for the period of time that the legal obligations remain in place.
- Right to oppose sending of the newsletter: The interested parties can oppose the sending of commercial communications/newsletters by Biodonostia. In this case, they can revoke their consent at any time on receiving these notifications by using the mechanism provided for this purpose in the aforementioned, or by writing to email@example.com, indicating ‘Cancellation’ as the subject.
- Limitation of processing: In certain circumstances, the interested parties can request limitation of the processing to which their data are subject, in which case they will only be kept to make or defend complaints.
- Data portability: interested persons can ask to receive the data concerning them and which they have provided to us, or – whenever technically possible – for us to send said data to another processing body of their choice, in a commonly used structured and machine readable format.
- Right not to be the object of automated individual decisions (including the creation of profiles): right not to be the object of a decision based on automated processing which causes effects or significantly affects them.
Possibility of withdrawing consent: Furthermore, the interested party has the right at any time to withdraw the consent given, without this affecting the legal nature of processing carried out based on the consent given at the moment of providing their data to us.
Should you wish to exercise any of the rights explained above, please send us a letter with all of your details, including your ID document, to: Pº Dr. Beguiristain s/n, 20014 Donostia (Gipuzkoa), or send us an email indicating the kind of right you wish to exercise.
Possibility of making a complaint to the Control Authority: Biodonostia also informs you of your right to make a complaint to the corresponding control authority: the Spanish Data Protection Agency (www.agpd.es) or the Basque Data Protection Agency (avpd.euskadi.eus) if you consider that the processing does not follow existing regulations.